Fonseca Show 12/09/22
- IFL Science says a 165 year old pair of jeans, recovered from a 19th century shipwreck, have been auctioned off for $95,000. The button fly jeans were made by Levi's in the 1850s. The SS Central America was carrying gold when it sank off the coast of North Carolina due to a hurricane.
- Sports Illustrated says the new Nike LeBron 20 sneakers cost $200. The company plans to launch a less expensive shoe on February 10th called LeBron NXXT. They 'only' cost $160
- A new survey by EmmaSsleep reveals that 25% of people avoid eating cheese because they fear it will give them nightmares
- Variety magazine says the National Board of Review has named ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ as its film of the year.
- Change.org says the School of the Art Institute of Chicago has rescinded Kanye West's honorary degree because of his anti-semitic comments.
- Louder Sound magazine says the Australian heavy metal group Melrose Avenue has recorded a heavy metal cover of Mariah Carey's ''All I Want For Christmas Is You.''
- Antonio Banderas tells Deadline Hollywood that a fifth ''Shrek'' movie might get made. “The first time I did Puss In Boots, I was working on Broadway, so I did my first session there. I’ve done five movies now. There is probably gonna be another, and Shrek is probably coming back.”
Taylor Swift tells Inc.com that she doesn't mind receiving critical feedback. "I've often compared critical feedback to a freshly mined diamond. To the layperson, it looks like an ugly rock. But if you know how to cut it and polish it, you'll find immense value."
Jax tells Variety magazine that she experienced a lot of bullying in school. "I remember experiencing it in middle school, especially when my body started to change. I started to compare myself to other girls and some girls were insecure. So they’d take it out on me, which made me insecure and take it out on the next girl. So it was one big war, zone, I guess. We have to learn that we're all beautiful in our own way. We don't have to compare ourselves with other people.”
Harry Styles tells CNN that he likes to keep some parts of his life private. “I'm very open with my fans, but I still like to keep some things to myself. I think they know and respect that. That's why I love them so much.”
Nicky Youre tells SongwriterUniverse.com that he wants his shows to be a fun, safe place for his fans. "I want my shows to be as fun as possible, and a place for people to vibe and party and sing-along and not have to worry about people judging them."
Post Malone tells GQ magazine that he watches 'Modern Family' every day. “I watch literally every episode of Modern Family every single day. Every day, I start on season one, episode one, and then by the time I go to bed... Because I just leave it on as background noise, as well, whenever I’m not even deliberately watching. But by the time I fall asleep, I’m done with season eight already. I’m like, “Where does the time go?” I don’t understand.”
NBC says comedian Gabriel Iglesias spent $100,000 on a quinceanera for his four-puund Chihuahua, Risa.Over 300 guests and their dogs attended. Guests ate bacon-wrapped hot dogs, corn on the cob and carnitas. There was also a puppy station where dogs got puppcinos. A DJ, dancers, violinists, circus style performers and giant robot men were hired to entertain the crowd. Gabriel says, "I went full blown and people say, 'Oh, you wasted money,' but it's like, no. I'm celebrating something that means the world to me."
On November 28th, BroBible said Vin Diesel was demanding Vladmir Putin release WNBA star Brittney Griner before Christmas. She was jailed for nine years for possession of cannabis oil. Vin posted a picture of himself along with the caption; ''I need Brittney Griner home before Christmas.''
** UPDATE **
Brittney was released from jail yesterday
The Internet reacts ...
I’ll never doubt Vin Diesel ever again.
Can’t wait to tell my grandchildren that Vin Diesel personally went to save Britney Griner lol
Vin Diesel talked and the world listened
No way Vin Diesel said have her home before Christmas and it worked.
Adam Sandler tells 92NY that Harrison Ford once came up to him and told him the lyrics to "The Chanukkah Song" were wrong. ''I think I say Harrison Ford's a quarter Jewish, right? Back then when I wrote it, I don't think Google was around. So, I was like, going off of something, I don't know, he's a quarter Jewish. I remember when I met Harrison Ford, he goes, 'Half.'"
Woman's Day magazine says Jennifer Aniston and Jon Hamm may start dating. A source tells the magazine, "They've crossed paths before, but she's always had a husband by her side. Not this time. And there's no doubt Jon is completely taken by Jen."
The NY Post says another Britney Spears Monopoly game is now on sale on Amazon.com. It costs $60. Gold Records are used instead of houses. The Monopoly money has Britney's face on it. The 28 title deed cards have references to Britney's biggest hits.
The JoBlo movie website says a fourth Rush Hour movie is in the works. They quote Jackie Chan as saying, “We’re talking about part 4 right now. I tried so many times to go to Hollywood, but after that, I said no more Hollywood because my English is not good, they’re not my culture, they don’t like this kind of action. My manager said look, there’s a script. I said no, Hong Kong police? I’m not going to do it. He said Jackie, why don’t you try last time. I said okay, this is the last time.”
Heat World magazine and Epicstream claim Jennifer Lopez allegedly wants Ben Affleck to consider getting Botox and fillers. A source tells the news outlets, "Jen thinks Ben is the most handsome man ever, but she thinks he should have started these procedures years ago, even though she says she's never actually had them done herself. She thinks he needs a delicate amount of filler to iron out those crow's feet and Botox to soften his lined forehead – and a facelift might be a good idea. Jen is all about them looking every inch at the beautiful power couple and doesn't want her man covered in lines and wrinkles. And there are other parts of his body she wants to be sorted out too. There's still the phoenix tattoo on his back to take care of, for a start.
BroBible says Kanye West is suggesting his ex, Kim Kardashian, marry Tom Brady. The website quotes him as telling Kim, ''Marry somebody great. Go marry Tom Brady, whatever you want to do but get married and use your platform as an influence to keep families together. Don’t let the devil use you.''
Top Tours of 2022... According to Pollstar
1. Bad Bunny – $373,463,379 (65 shows)
2. Elton John – $334,385,023 (84 shows)
3. Ed Sheeran – $246,287,916 (63 shows)
4. Harry Styles – $214,408,180 (71 shows)
5. Coldplay – $208,000,727 (40 shows)
6. The Rolling Stones – $179,349,815 (20 shows)
7. Red Hot Chili Peppers – $176,998,650 (31 shows)
8. Def Leppard and Motley Crue – $173,474,649 (35 shows)
9. Kenny Chesney – $135,046,047 (41 shows)
10. The Weeknd – $131,056,262 (19 shows)
New Holiday Dating Trend Warning
The dating app Plenty of Fish is warning singles about a new holiday dating trend called Milestoning. It is defined as ''a person ramping up online dating activity at certain periods to secure a date for a milestone life event such as Christmas''.
- 86% of Millennials have milestoned
- 21% of singles are uncomfortable giving gifts to people they just started dating
- top reasons for Milestoning .. festive dates (51%) followed by avoid being quizzed by family (20%) and gift giving and receiving (14%)
Xmas Decoration Survey
A new survey by Lombardo Homes reveals that 80% of people are planning to decorate their house for the holidays. Other findings:
- The most popular holiday decoration is a Christmas tree
- 67% of people prefer fake Christmas trees to real ones (33%)
- 52% of people will hang a stocking for a pet
Most Fun Cities … According to a new survey by Wallethub based on number of attractions, sports venues, bars and ticket costs
1. Las Vegas
5. New Orleans
6. San Francisco
9. New York City
We got a new fancy coffee maker at work so everybody crowds around it and fills up every morning. Yesterday, we were getting our coffee when a spirited discussion broke out. All of us were talking about doing our holiday shopping this weekend when the cost of gifts came up. Someone said it's not the cost that matters, but rather the thought that counts. This completely divided the room as an argument ensued. What do you think matters the most... the cost or the thought? Someone said you know how much your partner loves you by how much they spend on you. True or false?