- CBS says the average cost of a Christmas tree is now $30 more than last year.
- NBC says a group of paddleboarding Santa's are going to paddle together on December 10th in California's Ventura Harbor. All of the paddleboarders will be dressed like Santa or elves when they take to the water.
- Fortune Magazine says the average Mall Santa will earn between $5,000 and $12,000 this season. Most Mall Santa's charge $175 per hour. Some Santa's in large cities can charge as much as $500 an hour.
- Media Play News says 47% of people will give the gift of a streaming service this holiday season.
- The NY Post says the Merriam-Webster Dictionary is out with their top words for 2022. ''Gaslighting'' is the word of the year. Other terms and words to make the list include cancel culture, oligarch, Omicron, Queen consort, raid, LGBTQIA and loamy
- The Verge says Facebook's parent company, Meta, has been fined $276 million for leaking data involving 533 million users. People's phone numbers, birth dates and locations were all lost to a hacker.
- Contact Music says Queen Elizabeth's 2009 Land Rover has been auctioned off for $51,000. The SUV would normally have sold for $10,000 if it had not been owned by the Queen.
- The NY Post says the orange tabby cat that got busted last week stowing away in a traveler's suitcase was treated to an amazing Thanksgiving dinner. The owner of Smells the Cat posted a picture of him licking his lips in front of a plate of mashed potatoes, gravy, turkey and green bean casserole.
- Dread Central and Bro Bible say a new Bambi horror movie is being developed titled ''Bambi: The Reckoning.'' The websites say Bambi will be turned into “a vicious killing machine that lurks in the wilderness.”
The Daily Mail says Sam Smith has gotten a new tattoo on his stomach that reads 'Romance'. He also got a ship's anchor on his neck.
Hello magazine says Adele recently freaked out after learning Shania Twain attended one of her Las Vegas residency shows. Adele posted, "Thank god you had a hat on @shaniatwain I would have self-combusted had I seen it was you!! I adore you, I can't believe you came to my show"
Taylor Swift tells Rolling Stone magazine that having an alter ego can be fun. “I’d never played with characters before. For a lot of pop stars, that’s a really fun trick, where they’re like, “This is my alter ego.” I had never played with that before. It’s really fun. And it was just so fun to play with on tour.”
The Daily Mail says Harry Styles was recently performing in Brazil when eight fans fainted.Harry stopped the show so medical staffers could tend to the overwhelmed fans.
Billie Eilish tells Vanity Fair magazine that she's changed her fitness routine for the better. "I've had a very big transformation this year with my fitness lifestyle and it's been a really insane process. I feel better about myself than I ever have, which makes me feel proud. I worked really hard on it. And I just want to get really buff, I just want to be buff. Yeah, so hopefully by next year, I will be ripped."
Steve Lacy tells AnOthermag.com that he loves silence. “I love silence. Being by myself and not talking. We're surrounded by so much noise, so many distractions. It's nice to unplug every once in a while and listen to the silence."
BroBible says Vin Diesel is demanding Vladmir Putin release WNBA star Brittney Griner before Christmas. She was jailed for nine years for possession of cannabis oil. Vin posted a picture of himself along with the caption; ''I need Brittney Griner home before Christmas.''
The Internet reacts ...
''my dawg said if he dont see brittney griner by the 25th, russia gon see dom toretto on the 26th''
''fast 10 they breaking her out''
''Russia ain't got no defense against the power of FAMILY''
Contact Music claims the LA police arrested a man yesterday for trying to steal John Legend's Porsche. Cops quickly arrived on the scene where they confronted the thief. He told officers he owned the sports car before attempting to flee. The man was caught and charged with Grand Theft Auto
Hugh Jackman tells Indiewire that he once turned down the role of James Bond because he was doing ''Wolverine''. “I was like, ‘If I’m doing that and Wolverine, I’ll have no time to do anything else.’ I clearly find it more interesting to play people who color outside the lines. I didn’t want to play the role of the hero action star.''
George Takei was recently doing an interview with the Guardian newspaper when he said William Shatner was a diva on the set of Star Trek. “Yes. Yes. YES. Except for one, who was a prima donna. But the rest of us shared a great camaraderie. He was self-involved. He enjoyed being the center of attention. He wanted everyone to kowtow to him.”
Will Smith tells WTTG that he understands if people don't want to see his new movie ''Emancipation'' because of his Oscar slap. “I completely understand that if someone is not ready, I would absolutely respect that and allow them their space to not be ready. My deepest concern is my team – [director Antoine Fuqua] has done what I think is the greatest work of his entire career. My deepest hope is that my actions don’t penalize my team.''
NBC says Prince William and Kate Middleton are going to visit Boston tomorrow for a City Hall ceremony. They are in the U.S. for the Earshot Prize Awards, which honor people who solve environmental problems. The couple will also tour a non-profit organization. Billie Eilish, Rami Malek and Shailene Woodley will be among the performers and presenters at the ceremony
Epicstream, citing The Globe, says John Mayer allegedly has no interest in dating Jennifer Aniston again. A source is quoted by Epicstream as saying, "Jen never got over John when he dumped her. John strung her along for years, but now he's totally turned his back on her and branded her old and boring. John was the only guy after Brad she fell truly, madly in love with and that includes Justin. He's turned down flat and told her as politely as possible they're not compatible."
Jennifer Lopez tells Apple Music that Ben Affleck gave her an engagement ring that had the following words engraved on the inside: 'Not. Going. Anywhere.' 'That's how he would sign his emails when we started talking again. Like, "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere." Now, we know and there's no questions. It's me and you, all the way, 'til the end.''
The Washingtonian says a Taylor Swift-inspired Christmas bar has opened in Washington D.C. .Taylor's new album inspired Adriana Salame to create the bar. It is modeled after the music video for ''Bejeweled'' and has hanging pendants, crystal, glass, glitter and rhinestones. Taylor's music is played on repeat. The drink menu includes eggnog shots, hot cocktails, an espresso martini and tequilas.
"Morning People" And Intelligence Study
A new study by The University of Ottawa reveals that early risers have higher verbal intelligence than night owls. Researchers studied dozens of volunteers before concluding that so-called "morning people" demonstrated a higher level of performance when it came to intelligence-related tasks. Lead researcher Stuart Fogel says, "Morning types tend to have superior verbal ability. This outcome was surprising to us and signals this is much more complicated that anyone thought before."
A new survey by Home Depot reveals that 24% of people decorate their home earlier now for the holidays than they did five years ago. Other findings:
- 79% of people say decorating early helps get them in the holiday spirit
- 55% of people begin decorating for the holidays before Thanksgiving
A new survey by Schwartz reveals that 11% of people place leftover turkey gravy on pizza. Other findings:
- 10% of people have placed turkey gravy on pasta
- 6% of people have placed turkey gravy on pancakes
- 5% of people have placed turkey gravy on cereal
- 11% of people have carried turkey gravy in a flask
- 4% of people have placed turkey gravy on chocolate
- 19% of people dunk snacks in turkey gravy
My boyfriend came to me over the weekend and said we should set a spending limit on our holiday presents. We both do well at work so there's no reason to put a cap on gifts. He's just being cheap. He says setting a limit is smart money management. In some cases I would agree, but not this one. Do you think he's being cheap? My friends say the amount of money he spends on me will tell me how much he likes me and how committed he is to our relationship. Are they right?